Learn@UW: More Choices for all Instructors
Since 2003, Learn@UW been home to more than 20,000 course web sites. Nearly all UW-Madison students log into Learn@UW each semester and access course materials, assignments, and grades. Approximately 2,000 instructors each semester manage their course's online presence in Learn@UW.
"Learn@UW" has become synonymous with its underlying platform: Desire2Learn Learning Environment, an industry-leading course management system.
Now, "Learn@UW" is growing to meet the broadening needs and interests of our campus community.
Learn@UW at UW-Madison is expanding to also include a suite of teaching and learning technologies that are available to all instructors and students across all disciplines.
In addition to the familiar Desire2Learn platform, the Learn@UW suite of tools includes:
- Web Conferencing - Adobe Connect, and soon Blackboard Collaborate
- iTunes U - Private media delivery for courses
- ePortfolio - Collect and share evidence of learning
- Google Apps - Shared communication and collaboration
- Pilot Projects - Experimental efforts to evaluate emerging technologies
These technologies are available to every instructor in every department, and each tool is supported by DoIT.
Explore this site and discover what Learn@UW can do for you.